Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Behind the Scenes, In The Studio: What Have I Been Creating?

Howdy guys!  I have been diligently working creating one of a kind, original texture plates so I can make some beautiful earrings. Just when I thought I had some great completed pieces of wearable art, I too my usual zillions of photographs for my online Etsy shop, A Bergie Creation (click here). But,as
I was editing them, I noticed, thanks to direct sunlight and the macro photography setting on my Canon pocket digital camera....  Tiny little bubbles in the polyurethane gloss appeared! This has been a learning process.  I thought I was so careful.

So unfortunately, I will be longer getting my new work listed. But, I really liked the pieces I thought were okay so I wanted to at least share them as a Behind the Scenes, In My Studio post.

The first piece has, thanks to the inspiration of Christi Friesen's polymer clay art work, where she talks about incorporating inclusions, which is anything not made from polymer clay. I incorporated items like micro beads and a small faceted Glass bead. The surface was then treated with Mica Powder, acrylic paint, and finished with that frustrating water based polyurethane. I thought it looked great at first, but then as you take the photos under direct sunlight, then you see all those darn bubbles...teeny ones!

Maybe I am being too picky. Oh
well, it is important to perfect my work so customers receive professional wearable art! Creating is always a learning process.
Thanks for stopping by.
Anita








No comments:

Post a Comment